Useful ADHD links
Below is a small selection of organisations and support forums where you can find out more about ADHD:
UK based organisations
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence: ADHD guidelines
- BBC Health. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- NHS Choices: Information on ADHD
- ADDISS National Attention
Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service
ADDISS is the Attention Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service for both parents and professionals. It provides inset training for local education authorities and schools. A large number of books and videos are for sale by mail order. ADDISS works closely with a large number of local support groups and can refer parents to these groups.
- Adders - ADD/ADHD Online Support
A comprehensive website covering a wide range of information on ADHD. Adders objective is to promote awareness of ADHD and to provide information and practical help to adults and children with the condition and their families.
- Young Minds
A national charity whose objective is to improve the mental health and emotional wellbeing of children and young people.
- Mind- Understanding ADHD
- Mental Health Foundation: Information on ADHD
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists: ADHD and hyperkinetic disorder - A factsheet for parents and teachers
US based organisations
- National Institute of Mental Health (US): Information on ADHD
- CHADD (Children and Adults with
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
A national ADHD support group providing comprehensive information, advice and support services to children, parents, adults and professionals
- Center for Management of ADHD - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- ADDA Attention deficit disorder association